With so many people now entrenched in the work-from-home culture, cybersecurity has become a renewed area of focus for many businesses that rushed to adopt remote work environments.
The sudden redistribution of the workforce two years ago caused a spike in malicious activity, with organizations of all sizes reporting a jump of 25% or more of cyber threats since March 2020.
Moving forward, we recommend businesses consider these five steps for increasing their security profile in this new hybrid work environment.
- Educate your workforce on common security tactics and encourage a culture of security.
- Implement multi-factor authentication
- Build security into the way people access information, leveraging the cloud whenever possible.
- Secure email against advance threats.
- Maintain a first and last line of defense with DNS and endpoint
GET THE eBOOK
5 steps to secure your hybrid workplace
Want to take a deeper dive? This Cisco eBook explores strategic steps to securing a hybrid environment.