The C Spire wireless, home fiber and business networks are seeing a surge in activity like never before. A surge in data and communication needs that our team actively prepared for from the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Reliable and scalable voice and data services are essential, and we’re always ready to extend critical services that keep everyone connected during emergency situations like this one,” said Carla Lewis, C Spire CTO. “We continue to bolster our network and reaffirm our commitment to 99.999% uptime as our staff works passionately 24/7/365 to provide world-class service.”
With schools closed and many employees working from home or businesses shifting to remote locations, demand for network services has been heavy. Take a look at how the network data is being used and how much it has increased:
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to develop, so will the essential services that C Spire provides the community. Here’s a brief list of some of the changes we have already made:
- In partnership with the University of Mississippi Medical Center, the C Spire Health smartphone app has been modified to exclusively serve as a COVID-19 triage.
- Addition of extra wireless data and free access to educational websites for its wireless customers
- Implementation of additional wireless curbside pickup locations and same day delivery
- Quickly offered same-day delivery from wireless stores and WiFi hot spots for students
- Helped business customers quickly move to remote environments
To learn about other ways C Spire is working to keep communities connected during COVID-19, go to cspirecares.com.