An infrastructure investment worth $1 billion over three years that will transform communities across Mississippi and Alabama with incredible internet speeds is only the beginning as C Spire rapidly expands Gigabit fiber internet and 5G availability.
The C Spire Fast project will result in faster delivery of 5G wireless technology in Mississippi markets and provide ultra-fast, all-fiber broadband services to over 200,000 homes and businesses by 2025 in Mississippi and Alabama, where we recently expanded our broadband internet availability.
When completed, the C Spire Fast project is expected to:
- Bring all-fiber infrastructure to within 1,000 feet of half of the residential dwellings in Mississippi
- Deliver game-changing 5G service to a large portion of Mississippi
- Expand next-generation, ultra-fast broadband services to more than two dozen Alabama markets
- Provide ultra-fast, all-fiber broadband services to over 200,000 homes and businesses by 2025 in Mississippi and Alabama
- Put Mississippi on top in the Southeast and No. 12 in the U.S. for fiber access for residents
The investment is also expected to generate millions of dollars in secondary economic benefits for Mississippi and Alabama through contracts and agreements with firms who will help C Spire with the massive infrastructure deployment and construction efforts.
After this three-year period, C Spire is planning to spend an additional $500 million toward 5G and fiber infrastructure in the following two years.
Learn more about C Spire 5G and fiber broadband internet here.